This guide will show how to deploy the Azure managed application from the Azure Marketplace.
For best performance we need to deploy the filter application in the same region as your Azure Log Analytics workspaces are deployed.
- On the Organization page click the 'Deploy on Azure' button.
- This will open the Azure portal and go directly to the managed application deployment page. Click the 'Create' button.
- One the 'Basic' blade select your subscription, create a new ressource group and important select the same Azure location as selected on the STASHit organization settings page.
- One the 'STASHit settings' blade paste your APIKey from STASHit organization settings page, select your vm size and number of vm's to deploy.
- The VM Scaleset option is an autoscale feature to ensure the application is always rightsized. If CPU average is above 70% for more than 10 minutes a new vm is deployed. If the CPU is below 35% for 10 minutes a vm is deleted. This is Cloud when it is best, however this can also affect the monthly billing price.
- On the 'Summary' blade validate your inputs and click the 'OK' button.
- The Deployment will now start and will take between 15 and 30 minutes depending on the vm size selected and general cloud performance. You can proceed with Log Analytics configuration while the deployment is running.