This guide will show how to setup the Log Analytics configuration. In this guide we use two workspaces. One for shortterm event retention and one for longterm event storage. You can however use a single Log Analytics workspace for all events, simply enter the same ID and key in both settings.
- On the Log Analytics page you must enter you Azure Log Analytics workspace IDs and Keys.
- Logon to your Azure portal on https://portal.azure.com and find you Log Analytics workspace for shortterm retention. Click on the Advanced settings tab to find the value.
- Copy you Workspace ID to the clipboard.
- Go back to STASHit Log Analytics page and paste the ID in the shortterm ID field.
- Switch back to Azure portal and copy your Primary key to the clipboard.
- Go back to STASHit Log Analytics page and paste the Key in the shortterm Key field.
- Do the same with your ID and Key for the longterm retention workspace and click the 'Save' button.
- That is your are now ready to setup your filter configuration.